Saturday 8 January 2011

The Year's Project

Amongst other projects i am working on this year, i am planning to re work some personal branding and my online portfolio site. Created last year, the site never went live, nor did it get finished... :/

I guess that i just wasn't completely happy and therefore motivated to complete it.
Now, in my final year of my course, i have chosen the topic of employability in the graphic design industry as a research project. This has inspired me to work heavily on improving my portfolio through live and industry based briefs and enhance my online presence as well as self promotion, all in aim to enhance my own credibility, confidence and employability in an increasingly difficult industry and recession induced society. This was informed through research findings that will help write my final evaluation aka DISSERTATION (insert gasp) on what i have chosen to do practically, and why.
As previously blogged, one of these projects includes the anti fur poster design campaign, as i identified and evaluated what was missing in my portfolio. This brief not only includes a live competition brief but a chance to include photography as the best solution. What i will also look to do is some more corporate identity work - the kind of work i would realistically do in a local agency - for local businesses - law firms, solicitors, hairdressers,sandwich shops and the like. As my former tutor explained - my portfolio already shows a level of creative ability but i guess it lacks the realistic and dare i say it, more 'boring' daily and professional work required by REAL clients. This kind of work will help a prospective employer identify how i will fit into their own business by the type of work they are familiar in viewing.

Anyway!! I believe that being as well informed and knowledgeable in my industry will stand me in better steed and show me tae responsibility for my future in a mature and credible manner.

Now that i have explained the aim and content of my next few months, work and developments will follow!


No comments:

Post a Comment